Eco-Eltham is a pupil-led organisation concerned with tackling environmental issues not only in the school but also the wider community also. Recent achievements include:
- Won an Eco-Schools Bronze Award
- Successfully implemented paper and plastic cup recycling schemes
- Reduced our use of resources by introducing web-based communications with parents, a paperless daily bulletin and a printing quota for pupils
- Cut energy waste by arranging automatic shut down on most PCs around the school and encouraging good practice of staff and pupils
- Funded the adoption of two orangutans by recycling old mobile phones
- Collected over 4,000 Christmas cards for recycling since 2008
Arguably the greatest achievement of Eco-Eltham is its success in bringing together all exisiting work on sustainable issues under one structure with a clear organisation. There's no doubt that pupils at Eltham College are now more aware of environmental issues than ever before.
Eco-Eltham Day began in June 2010 and has continued every summer term since.
For more information, please visit our website.
You might like to watch our videos:
Eco-Eltham go bananas for Fairtrade Fortnight
Read the news story here.
Eco Day 2012