|For the past eight years, Eltham College has been the sole Independent School within a Partnership involving five State Schools. The ISSP is coordinated by Sir John Rowling from the Department for Education, along with the Heads of the six schools. |
Eltham College has joined forces with the following schools:
- Darrick Wood School, Bromley.
- St Columba’s Catholic Boys’ School, Bexley.
- St Thomas More, Eltham.
- Thomas Tallis, Kidbrooke.
- Woolwich Polytechnic, Greenwich.
In 2012/2013, the following courses were led by Eltham College:
- Latin Taster Day for Year 9.
- Aim Higher Course for Year 10, encouraging pupils to aspire to greater opportunities in education.
- Maths Peer Mentoring for Year 11 pupils by Sixth Form students.
- Sports Day for Year 9.
- Debating Workshops for Year 9.
- Science Fun on Saturdays for Primary School pupils.
- Art for Gifted and Talented for Years 10 and 11, featuring a Leon Kossoff Day and Lawrence Kavanagh Day
- Oxbridge Application Advice Conference with Admissions Tutors from both Oxford and Cambridge.
The Partnership’s aim is to enable staff and pupils to work together on various educational projects, supporting each other and developing opportunities with each of the schools.
Projects have included:
- Serious Fun on Saturdays – a Science Club for Primary School pupils
- Drama Workshops, Improvisation and Performance
- Middle Management Training for staff aspiring to Leadership