Trips, activities and clubs
Beyond the academic curriculum, the department aims to encourage its students to aspire not only to broaden their linguistic knowledge, but to explore French culture and society. To this end, students are encouraged to take part in cinema outings, trips abroad and other activities. Students in Year 11 upwards are encouraged to take advantage of the department’s broad range of literature and DVDs.
- A study trip for Years 10-11 to Nimes with an afternoon programme of cultural and sporting activities.
- A Year 9 cultural trip
- The department arranges cinema visits to central London.
- Our older students have heard talks by outside speakers such as the Deputy Cultural Attaché to the French Embassy in London, on a range of topics such as Immigration Education in France and La Francophonie.
Clubs and societies
- French Film Club – Within the school day we organise a series of film screenings for students from Year 7 to Year 11.
- Senior French Society will form part of a larger Modern and Classical Languages Society as of September 2017 which will offer talks on a whole range of academic and contemporary topics from both staff and students. It is open to all students from Year 11 upwards to study a modern and/or classical language.