The following routes are operational for the 2018/19 academic year:
- Blackheath and East Greenwich
- Bromley and West Wickham
- Isle of Dogs
- Surrey Quays
Coaches arrive at Eltham College between 8.10am and 8.20am approximately. Return journeys start at 4.05pm from the school. The late services leave school at 5.50pm. Please note, passengers from other routes who wish to use these coaches to access local BR/DLR stations, may do so if there are spaces available.
To facilitate access for students travelling by train from Herne Hill, Dulwich, Orpington and Sevenoaks or on the DLR from East London, the routes interchange with British Rail and DLR services at Elmstead Woods, Greenwich, Grove Park, Lewisham, Shortlands and South Quay stations.
The School Coach Service is subsidised by Eltham College to make the school as accessible as possible. The charge for the School Coach Service in the 2018-19 academic year is £227 per term for a single fare, £451 per term return.
If you would like to apply for a seat on any of these services, please complete the online reservation form
- School Coach Services operate on normal school days only and will therefore not operate on INSED days.
- You may elect to use the service mornings or evenings only if you wish, but you may not vary the number of days used each week. The only option is for the full five days per week.
- The charge for use of all coaches will be added to your fees account each term and will be payable in advance.
- Cancellation notice is half a term.
- All buses depart at 4.05pm from the pick-up and drop-off area.
- Late buses run Monday to Friday and depart at 5.50pm.
- Eltham College reserves the right to change the routes and timings as necessary.
It is a parental responsibility to ensure that pupils have an approved procedure to follow in emergencies. This could be pupils returning home or travelling to school in some other way perhaps with a sibling or other responsible pupil on the same route. At all times the overriding consideration should be safety and for this reason it may be appropriate for pupils to have emergency funds and a mobile phone and/or know how to use public telephones.