For the past ten years, Eltham College has been the sole Independent school within a partnership involving five state schools.
The ISSP is coordinated by Sir John Rowling from the Department for Education, along with the Heads of the six schools. The Partnership’s aim is to enable staff and students to work together on various educational projects, supporting each other and developing opportunities with each of the schools.
Our partnership has allowed us to join together with the following schools:
- Darrick Wood School, Bromley.
- St Columba’s Catholic Boys’ School, Bexley.
- St Thomas More, Eltham.
- Thomas Tallis, Kidbrooke.
- Woolwich Polytechnic, Greenwich.
Over the year we have worked with the partnership the following are a selection of courses that were led by Eltham College:
- Latin Taster Day for Year 9
- Aim Higher Course for Year 10, encouraging students to aspire to greater opportunities in education
- Maths Peer Mentoring for Year 11 students by Sixth Form students
- Sports Day for Year 9
- Debating Workshops for Year 9
- Science Fun on Saturdays for Primary School students
- Art for Gifted and Talented for Years 10 and 11, featuring a Leon Kossoff Day and Lawrence Kavanagh Day
- Oxbridge Application Advice Conference with Admissions Tutors from both Oxford and Cambridge.
Projects have included:
- Serious Fun on Saturdays – a Science Club for Primary School students
- Drama Workshops, Improvisation and Performance
- Middle Management Training for staff aspiring to Leadership