Until Eltham College is instructed by the UK government that it can re-open, all teaching and learning will take place online. Using a range of online learning platforms and applications students will be able to access the curriculum through teaching videos, assignments, question and answer streams and can also upload work and receive feedback. Some classes will also use face-to-face sessions via Microsoft Teams to further enhance our provision.
Junior School Timetable
8.30am - 9.00am Form Time 9.00am - 10.00am Period 1 10.00am - 10.20am Break 10.20am - 11.20am Period 2 11.30am - 12.30pm Period 3 12.20pm - 1.30pm Lunch 1.30pm - 2.30pm Period 4 2.40pm - 3.40pm Period 5
The work set by teachers are not simply activities to keep students occupied during this period of school closure. The work set is the curriculum that they would be receiving if they were at school. Therefore, it is our expectation that all students will complete schoolwork Monday to Friday, provided they are not ill. As a simple rule, they should do all they can to follow the timetable. Occasionally, optional or extension work may be set. Students should complete what they feel comfortable with where this is the case. No additional homework will be set for students in the Junior School.
Senior School Timetable
|8.30am - 9.00am||Form Time |
|9.00am - 10.00am||Period 1 |
|10.00am - 10.20am||Break|
|10.20am - 11.20am||Period 2 |
|11.30am - 12.30pm||Period 3 |
|12.20pm - 1.30pm||Lunch|
|1.30pm - 2.30pm||Period 4 |
|2.40pm - 3.40pm||Period 5|
As per the Junior School all work set by teachers for students in the Senior School is designed to cover the whole of the summer curriculum and allow Year 11 students to begin preparatory work for A levels.
Occasionally, optional or extension work may be set. Students should complete what they feel comfortable with where this is the case. Additional ‘homework’ (up to one piece per subject) will only be set for Year 10 and Lower Sixth students.
Expectation of Students
- Should be ready to start work by 8.45am, checking their email for notifications. The first lesson begins at 9.00am.
- Should be online at least once more each day to check their emails, follow the timetable and enable teachers to respond to student needs and keep structure to the day.
- Should check Show My Homework daily to see posts for each lesson.
- Should complete all work set. If a student is unwell a parent should mark them as absent on the Daily Registration received from Eltham Post.
- Should use their school email account to communicate with teachers or the question and answer streams within Microsoft Teams.
- Should tick work as complete on Show My Homework and submit as per the teachers’ instructions.
- Should if invited to join a video conversation be suitably dressed, and do so from a communal space at home.
- Should raise queries with their subject teacher or tutor if they are unsure about any of the tasks set.
- Should be aware that their work will continue to be assessed to help track progress and formulate report grades.
Parents are asked to support by:
- Providing children with a workspace that is quiet and, as far as possible is free from distractions with an adult nearby if necessary.
- Making sure the child is dressed appropriately (i.e. not attending Eltham@home in their pyjamas)
- Ensuring that face-to-face communication is only between teachers and students. Any parent to teacher communication should be in the usual manner, via email.