Lower Sixth Higher Education Programme
Every year, Lower Sixth students engage in a weekly programme during the Lent and Summer Term to support their pathway to Higher Education.
Students explore a range of aspects from how to start choosing a course through to how to make a standout application for the most competitive courses. The work experience programme at Eltham College allows students to develop those additional skills that are highly sought after by universities and apprenticeship providers.
The Higher Education evening held in March is an opportunity for students and families to hear directly from Russell Group admissions tutors and experts on non-university career options.
We recognise that parents have a major role in the area of careers and high education, in both supporting and encouraging their children. We are also keen to work with parents who wish to share their experience in the work place with students.
Please see below see videos and links to help with the decision making process.
- UCAS – connecting people to Higher Education
- Unifrog – The complete destinations platform
- The Medic Portal – Get into Medicine
- The Lawyer Portal – for aspiring legal professionals
- Young Professionals – Everything you need to find an apprenticeship or work experience scheme
- The Which? Guide to Universities at a Glance
- Oxford University – A Parents’ guide to Supporting an Applicant
- Cambridge University – A Parents’ guide to Supporting an Applicant
- Russell Group List of Universities
- Government Guide to Student Finance
- Options for Pupils not Going to University